STANLEY INTERNMENT CAMP – REUNION & GATHERING Hong Kong
30 November – 6 December 2015
Following the highly successful reunion in 2011 Geoff Emerson, resident of Hong Kong, is organising another Stanley Reunion/Gathering this year. Geoff is the author of the book Hong Kong Internment 1942-1945: Life in the Japanese Civilian Camp at Stanley.
(Tentative Itinerary – as at 15 June 2015 – subject to change)
- 30 Nov. Monday Arrive & Check-in Hotel.
- 1 Dec. Tuesday 10:30 a.m. leave hotel. Welcome Lunch. After lunch, visit Stanley Military Cemetery.
- 2 Dec. Wednesday 10:00 a.m. Day in Stanley – St Stephen’s College; Lunch at the Correctional Services Club; after lunch, visit Stanley Prison grounds.
- 3 Dec. Thursday Free day. Evening – dinner hosted by George Cautherley.
- 4 Dec. Friday 10:00 a.m. Guided walk of Wong Nei Chong Gap battle site. Evening – Chinese dinner.
- 5 Dec. Saturday 9: 30 a.m. Visit to Hong Kong Observatory, Kowloon. Lunch – dim sum near the Observatory.
- 6 Dec. Sunday 9:30 a.m. Attend the Canadian memorial service at the Commonwealth War Graves cemetery, Chai Wan, HK Island. Farewell lunch.
- 7 Dec. Monday Check-out of hotel
For full details and updates please contact G. C. Emerson
Or complete the enquiry form below: